25 January 2011

The Demon King

Hanson "Cuffs" Alistor is someone you meet and never forget, he wishes everyone could forget.  While out hunting with his friend, Dancer, they encounter a Wizardling that does not belong in the Spirits.  He takes the amulet from that Wizardling in order to protect himself and Dancer; an amulet that becomes both a curse and a destiny.  Chima is so talented at weaving a story you really don't want to stop reading.  After I finished this book a few years ago, I couldn't wait to get to the next book, but like my curse of finding a series I love that is not complete, I had to wait.  However, due to an overwhelming 'read list' I had already compiled, when the second book finally arrived, the details from the first book had muddied.  So, obviously, I had to reread it! Just as good the second time, as it was the first round. 

Genre: Fantasy
Grade Level: 5-10
Pages: 506

**My reading and hence my posting is going to get seriously few and far between due to a heavy school schedule.  I apologize but such is life and I do love my chosen major.  There are a ton of textbooks I will be reading, but due to the nature of textbook reading, I will not be counting them or reviewing them.

No comments: