19 October 2010

The Magic Half

 The Magic Half by Annie Barrows.  Miri is the odd one out in her family.  A single child stuck between two sets of twins, but with a new house and a bit of magic, she gets the twin she always meant to have.  When time messes with your destiny, you mess with time.  I read this book because I had to for a class, and am so thankful for the choosing.  I absolutely loved it!!  Time travel doesn't mess me up.  However, I do have to say that someone like my husband, who absolutely HATES time travel or loops, this book would drive someone like that to absolute conniption.  However, if you're like me who doesn't mind time being messed with even when, let's face it you dissect time too much and it really doesn't make much logical sense, you will enjoy this book.  Just like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, certain things must happen in the past in order to secure the right future.  I love it!!

Grade Level--5 through 9.  Time travel fiction-Science Fiction genre. 

No comments: