26 November 2010

Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants

Professor Poopypants is very smart and a great scientist but everyone keeps making fun of his name.  Ultimately it drives him insane and he tries to take over the world.  Captain Underpants must save the day, which of course he does. 

I am aware that many parents don't like these books.  It shows disregard for authority and of course the potty mouths.  However, I don't know how you all were as kids, but let's face it, that kind of stuff was hilfreakinllarious when we were kids.  At least they were when my brothers and I were growing up.  Yup, it drove my folks nuts but it was just too funny.  This is a kids book.  There is nothing wrong with the word poop.  In fact, if parents weren't so freaky about saying the potty words, kids probably wouldn't find them so funny. The book made me laugh.  It made me remember being 7 or 8 and just joking around with my little brothers.  Anything that can make a child laugh and read, well, that's a good book for kids.

Genre:  Adventure
Grade Level: 2-5
Pages: 135

No comments: