28 April 2011

The Last 10 Years

In April of 2000, I finally moved away from my folks and landed in Utah--BYU to be precise, to finish my BA in English. I was going to get my degree and go on to my Masters in Library Science. I really had no interest whatsoever in getting married at that time. When I first met my future husband, I couldn't stand the man. He was so freaking immature!! (And yes at the whopping age of 21 at BYU, I could say that about another 21 year old--if anyone has any insight into LDS culture, you'll get it)

He began dating my best friend and as a result, I had to hang out with the dude. Over a few months we did become very good friends. They obviously broke up, and he was not only a friend, but had become one of the bestest friends in my life. Falling in love didn't take much, and within 8 months of meeting the man, we were married. Crazy? Yes it was, but it has been great to be married to my best friend for the last 10 years.
 On our wedding day--28 April 2001--Manti, UT.
Less than a year later, I was very pregnant. Damn doctors don't know anything!! I still swear there should be a way to sue doctors that tell you it will be difficult to get pregnant only to find yourself knocked up by the end of your honeymoon. . . ;)
Us now.
 10 years and 4 kids later.
And I love the man more now than I did on our wedding day!! Thanks for putting up with crazy for 10 years!

We've been through alot over the last 10 years. College, kids, military, college again. I don't doubt for a moment that the next 10 years will be even crazier, but through it all, I've had the privileged of walking side by side with a man I love and who also happens to still be my bestest friend. No matter the struggles, we are very blessed.

No comments: